- Research has shown that charcoal infused bristles can help remove stains on the surface of teeth. Activated charcoal has highly absorbent properties that bind to acidic components in things such as coffee, tea, and wine. This absorbency can also increase the pH levels in your mouth.
- Charcoal infused bristles have also been found to have some antibacterial properties and help to keep bacteria at bay In a 2018 study researchers found less bacteria on the Charcoal infused bristles after one week of use compared with regular toothbrushes which had almost double the amount.
- Plaque removal is the best way to achieve fresher breath. With Charcoal infused bristles you can achieve just that. In a recent study researchers found in just 6 weeks of brushing twice daily after meals, charcoal-infused bristles removed more plaque than regular bristles. They were also less worn.
Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS)
- Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) is the ideal plastic candidate for recycling and is used to make a range of new products.
- Recycling ASB is so easy that with the right equipment, can be done at home.
- Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) is a non-toxic material made from a recycled plastic compound that is 100% Recyclable
- Bamboo grows up to 4x faster than traditional timber and harvesting is a sustainable process as the crop is not killed after each cut.
- Growing Bamboo consumes more CO2 and produces 35% more oxygen compared to hardwood timber.
- It also has a fantastic ability to prevent soil erosion and when planted soil lacking in nutrients it can help to regenerate it.
- Our Bamboo meets the FSC requirements and this is considered to be the ‘gold standard’ certification when it comes to Bamboo and other timbers. This means that it is harvested responsibly, socially beneficial, environmentally conscious, and economically viable.
- Nylon 1010 is a bio-based polymer with very high bio-content and is also known as polyamide 1010.
- It is produced from 100% Sebacic acid. Sebacic acid is derived from castor oil which is a vegetable oil pressed from castor beans, a product of castor plants.
- Nylon 1010 has low moisture absorption, excellent UV, chemical resistance and can be broken down by Hydrolysis.
- Our bio-based bristles are not legally ‘compostable’ because they take more than 3 months to do so, however they will eventually break down in a commercial facility. This is a massive improvement when you compare it to petroleum-based bristles.
- Plastic derived from fermented cornstarch that can be composted in a commercial composting facility.
- It is estimated that there is at least 68% less greenhouse emissions emitted in its production.
- The decomposition of Cornstarch Plastic is dependent on the amount of light, moisture, heat, oxygen and nutrients exposed in the compost- these all affect the speed of biodegradability. For fastest results it is recommended to compost in an industrial facility.
In a commercial composting facility the cornstarch portion will break down within twelve weeks. This makes it a more environmentally friendly choice when it comes to plastics in contrast to traditional plastics which can take centuries to decompose.
- Polycarbonates (PC) is non-toxic, recyclable Thermoplastic that can be produced in an eco-friendly way.
- PC offers many positive knock-on effects such as a reduction in gas emissions, waste in landfills and the conservation of oil and non-renewable energy which is sometimes used by other endeavours.
- PC is one of the most-used materials worldwide because of its sustainability and effectiveness. It has many other benefits such as thermal resistance, shatter resistance and versatility.
Polybutylene terephthalate (PBT)
- Polybutylene Terephthalate (PBT) is a semi-crystalline engineering thermoplastic material.
- PBT has low water absorption, high strength, great resistance to environmental changes and high electrical insulation properties.
- The electrical properties of PBT are stable over a wide range of temperature and humidity which is fantastic for a product living in a bathroom environment.
- The biggest benefit of using PBT is that it is made from recycled polyethylene terephthalate (PET) and thus saves energy, the equivalent of keeping 2 tons of carbon dioxide out of the atmosphere. Repolymerised PBT contains 60% recycled mass and reduces solid waste by up to 870kgs per ton of PBT produced.
Polyolefins are produced from natural polyolefin resins. Both Polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP) are environmentally-friendly materials because they take fewer natural resources to produce, generate fewer waste products in production and disposal, are widely recycled, biodegradable (break down to carbon and hydrogen), or when burned, don’t generate toxic gases like other plastics.
- Polyethylenes (PE) is a Thermoplastic polymer for fabricated parts and components.
- It has great chemical and impact resistance, electrical properties and a low coefficient of friction.
- PE also has near-zero moisture absorption and is an FDA compliant recyclable material.
Food Grade Polypropylene (PP)
- Polypropylene (PP) is very resistant to absorbing moisture and is a good electrical insulator.
- PP can be recycled multiple times in a wide variety of applications throughout its lifetime.
- Compared to other plastics, PP uses the least amount of energy in its production, produces the lowest CO2 emissions and produces less solid waste.